replica rolex

replica rolex
replica rolex

2016年11月7日星期一

Elegance lost

Sometimes a Watchmaker known for the wonderful elegance of their creations, maybe once in a while loses that elusive magic ingredient.
Jaquet Drox Grande Second SW - minus elegance!
Jaquet Drox Grande Second SW – minus elegance!
And surprisingly makers Jaquet Droz, for the first time I can ever remember in my experience, has done just that – with the introduction of their latest 2014 Grande Seconde SW. Which is a great pity as the original Grande Seconde was without doubt the most elegant of models and the model variation I also show here, the Grand Seconde Quantieme, a perfect example. Fortunately it is also currently available so all is not lost.
The new SW seems to me to pander to the bolts and metal look of the science fiction blockbuster, rather than any semblance of “elegance”. The Côtes de Genève panels transferred to the front dial and in anthracite gray to me look more like steel shutter blinds than the delicate gold shading we're used to seeing on the movement. Now OK the watch has been dare I say, “sportified”- if such a horrible word exists, but in my opinion it doesn't work and ends up being neither one thing nor the other. And this is regardless of how good the watch is – and don't get me wrong, it is fantastic as always, but this time somewhere in all this modern packaging that elusive “elegance” was lost!
My favorite - proper Jaquet Droz elegance - and as it should be
My favorite – proper Jaquet Droz elegance – and as it should be
So the SW not for my collection then! I'll just have to settle for “Seconde” best – the Quantieme – what can you do? Bekijk meer imitatie rolex en breitling super avenger horloge

没有评论:

发表评论

replica horloge

replica horloge
replica horloge